503 Update for General Industry Outreach Trainer
This course is designed for private sector personnel who have completed the OTI 501 instructor course. It is designed to focus on recent changes in OSHA standards with regard to the most common hazards and violations. OSHA's 29 CFR 1910 General Industry Standard will be provided. This course is required for general industry voluntary compliance outreach trainers every four years. If your card has expired you must also retake the OTI 501 course. Please be sure to fax a copy of your previous trainer card to the OTI Education center prior to your course.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Locate and apply recently adopted or revised OSHA safety and health standards, policies and procedures
- Use recent changes in OSHA standards and regulations to supplement an ongoing safety and health program
- Identify common violations of OSHA standards and propose abatement actions
- Describe recent develoments in abatement procedures for selected safety hazards
- Conduct internal training on OSHA regulations